Active Learning Practice
Practice teaching sessions will be in the Gorguze Family Laboratory (home of CRLT-Engin). Fifteen minutes before your session begins, you should report to 211 Gorguze Family Laboratory, where you will be directed to your Practice Teaching room.
Select one of 12 sessions:
- Tuesday, October 1, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 1, 12:00-2:00 pm
- Tuesday, October 1, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 2, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 2, 4:00-6:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 2, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Thursday, October 3, 2:00-4:00 pm
- Thursday, October 3, 4:00-6:00 pm
- Thursday, October 3, 6:00-8:00 pm
- Friday, October 4, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Friday, October 4, 12:00-2:00 pm
- Friday, October 4, 2:00-4:00 pm
This session offers an opportunity to practice active learning techniques by presenting a lesson to a small peer group. In advance, participants review short online videos about active learning. Then, participants plan and deliver a 10-minute lesson containing an active learning technique. Finally, participants reflect on their experience and exchange supportive feedback.
Participants who have attended Engineering IA or GSI Teaching Orientation will recognize the format of Active Learning Practice as similar to that of the practice teaching session held at the orientation. Although the format of this event is similar, the content (active learning techniques) is new.
Explore Similar Events
Loading Similar Events...