Happening @ Michigan Help
To add an event to the calendar, your uniqname must be affiliated with an authorized group account. If you belong to a department or student organization and your group already has an account, ask the group manager to add your uniqname to the member list. If your organization or department is new to UM Events, you must sign up using our application form. Request a group
Note: Authorization requests are sent to Campus Information, and usually responded to within 24 - 48 hours. You will receive a confirmation via email.
Requirements for becoming an Authorized Group on Happening @ Michigan:
- You AND your organization/department must have a direct, current relationship with the University of Michigan.
- Examples of a direct, current relationship:
- You are currently enrolled as a student at the University of Michigan
- You are currently staff or faculty at the University of Michigan
- The group you are requesting is either a department at the University of Michigan, is sponsored by a department, or is a student organization that is currently registered with the Center for Campus Involvement.
- The group name does not include acronyms and if it does, it spells out what it stands for as part of the name.
- The requested group is an entity that will sponsor events and is not the event itself.
- The requested group must not already exist in the calendar.
Flagging Events as Inappropriate
The Events Calendar is a community calendar, and should be used to promote events that benefit the community as a whole. Events found inappropriate can be “flag” as inappropriate. Flagged events will be reviewed by the Director of Campus Information and a determination will be made whether to remove the event or not. Flagging events can also be used when an error is found, by adding a comment once the event has been flagged.
Maximum recommended image size should not exceed 1800 x 1350
Minimum recommended image size should be no smaller than 760 x 570
We do not recommend using a vertical image. Horizontal/landscape images are optimal. If submitted, a vertical image it should be no less than 760 pixels wide. Any vertical image will be automatically cropped from the center of the image, and important areas may be omitted.
Images that do not meet the minimum size may appear highly pixelated and are unlikely to be featured.
Recommended file formats JPG or PNG
Images should not have transparency.