- Workshop / Seminar(24)
- Lecture / Discussion(20)
- Careers / Jobs(6)
- Conference / Symposium(5)
- Social / Informal Gathering(4)
- Film Screening(2)
- Recreational / Games(2)
- Sporting Event(2)
- Health / Wellness Clinic(1)
- Reception / Open House(1)
- Maize Pages Student Organizations(16)
- School of Music, Theatre & Dance(14)
- Gifts of Art(9)
- Department of Mathematics(7)
- University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA)(7)
- Department of History(5)
- Department of Political Science(5)
- University Career Center(5)
- Bicentennial Office(4)
- Residential College(4)
- A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture + Urban Planning(3)
- Department for Afroamerican and African Studies(3)
- Department of Economics(3)
- Department of Economics Seminars(3)
- Department of Linguistics(3)
- Department of Psychology(3)
- Germanic Languages & Literatures(3)
- Institute for the Humanities(3)
- LSA Bicentennial Theme Semester(3)
- Newnan LSA Academic Advising Center(3)
- Arts At Michigan(2)
- Asian Languages and Cultures(2)
- Bentley Historical Library(2)
- Center for Engaged Academic Learning(2)
- Clinical Science(2)
- Department of Philosophy(2)
- Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies(2)
- Innovate Blue(2)
- International Institute(2)
- LSA Opportunity Hub(2)
- Michigan Dining(2)
- NCRC Galleries(2)
- Penny W Stamps School of Art & Design(2)
- Prison Creative Arts Project, The(2)
- Screen Arts & Cultures(2)
- The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts(2)
- William L. Clements Library(2)
- Alumni Association(1)
- American Institutions Group (AIG)(1)
- CSCAR Workshops(1)
- Center for Global and Intercultural Study(1)
- Center for Japanese Studies(1)
- Center for South Asian Studies(1)
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies(1)
- Center for World Performance Studies(1)
- Center for the Discovery of New Medicines - CDNM(1)
- Comparative Politics Workshop (CPW)(1)
- Comprehensive Studies Program/ LS&A(1)
- Department of Chemistry(1)
- Department of Classical Studies(1)
- Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology(1)
- Department of Near Eastern Studies(1)
- Department of Sociology(1)
- Developmental Psychology(1)
- Donia Human Rights Center(1)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences(1)
- Economic Theory(1)
- Economics at Work(1)
- History of Art(1)
- ISR-Zwerdling Seminar in Labor Economics(1)
- India Initiatives @ Ross(1)
- Information and Technology Services (ITS)(1)
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender(1)
- Instructional Support Services(1)
- Interdepartmental Program in Classical Art and Archaeology(1)
- Interdisciplinary Workshop in American Politics(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology Exhibitions(1)
- LSA Biophysics(1)
- LSA Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion(1)
- LSA Honors Program(1)
- LSA Opportunity Hub Office Hours(1)
- Learning & Professional Development (LPD)(1)
- Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies(1)
- Mark Webster Reading Series(1)
- Martha Cook Building(1)
- Michigan Institute for Teaching and Research in Economics (MITRE)(1)
- Museum Studies Program(1)
- Political Theory Workshop (PTW)(1)
- Program in International and Comparative Studies(1)
- Psychology Undergraduates(1)
- Romance Languages & Literatures(1)
- Sanger Leadership Center(1)
- Science, Technology & Society(1)
- Statistical Learning Workshop(1)
- The Center for the Study of Complex Systems(1)
- The Society of Asian Scientists and Engineers at the University of Michigan-Ann Arbor(1)
- U-M Office of Research(1)
- University Library(1)
- University Musical Society*(1)
- University of Michigan Helen Zell Writers' Program(1)
- Women's Studies Department(1)
- See All Groups (92 total)
- East Hall(9)
- Museum of Art(9)
- Off Campus Location(8)
- Haven Hall(7)
- Earl V. Moore Building(5)
- Lorch Hall(5)
- Modern Languages Building(5)
- A. Alfred Taubman Health Care Center(4)
- Angell Hall(4)
- 202 S. Thayer(3)
- Chemistry & Willard H Dow Laboratory(3)
- Duderstadt Center (Media Union)(3)
- Michigan League(3)
- Michigan Union(3)
- University Hospitals(3)
- Cancer Center(2)
- Harlan Hatcher Graduate Library(2)
- Literature Science and the Arts(2)
- North Campus Research Complex Building 18(2)
- Rackham Graduate School (Horace H.)(2)
- Ross School of Business(2)
- School of Social Work Building(2)
- Walgreen Drama Center(2)
- William Clements Library(2)
- Administrative Services Building(1)
- Alumni Center(1)
- Art and Architecture Building(1)
- Clarence Cook Little Building(1)
- Diag - North Campus(1)
- East Quadrangle(1)
- Herbert H. Dow Building(1)
- Hill Auditorium(1)
- Hutchins Hall(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology(1)
- Lane Hall(1)
- Lurie Ann & Robert H. Tower(1)
- Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre(1)
- Martha Cook Residence(1)
- Michigan Stadium(1)
- North Quad(1)
- Palmer Commons(1)
- South Quadrangle(1)
- Tisch Hall(1)
- West Hall(1)
- See All Locations (44 total)
New Events Today
Presenter: Mark Brown
For the first time in our history, there are five generations in our workforce. The diverse perspectives, motivations, attitudes and needs...
Drug Discovery Seminar: "A Novel Pan-ALDH1A Inhibitor Induces Necroptosis in Ovarian Cancer Stem-Like cells and Synergizes with Chemotherapy to Improve Outcomes"
Ronald Buckanovich, MD, PhD
Dr. Buckanovich recently demonstrated that Aldehyde dehydrogenase (ALDH) activity and the stem cell marker CD133 can be used to define an...
Human Rights Conference. Changing Models of Minority Integration: Cross-National Comparison of Rights Provisions in National Constitutions
Convener: Kiyoteru Tsutsui, associate professor of Sociology, director, Center for Japanese Studies and Donia Human Rights Center, U-M
The conference is free and open to the public....
Need career advice? Have questions about the field you want to go into? Here’s your opportunity to have one-on-one conversations with...
"Incredible India. Inclusive India"
The 8th India Business Conference (IBC) takes place on March 24th and 25th at the Stephen M. Ross School of Business. IBC is recognized as...
Computer Showcase Workshop Series
Need help choosing a fitness tracker? Whether you want to use heart rate data to take your fitness to the next level or just see how your...
Sumner Myers lecture: Symmetric Hybrid Systems: Periodic Gait Design for Legged Robots
While wheeled vehicles are very efficient on even terrains, legged robots can outperform them on uneven terrains and where there is no...
What does it mean to see? How do historians rely on the visual to interpret the past? Is the visual record misleading? These questions serve...
The Smithsonian Institution and the Making of the American Nonprofit Sector
The speaker will discuss the beginnings of the Smithsonian Institution and the American nonprofit sector and how philanthropic foundations...
Do you want to connect with other U-M PhD students focusing onnon-academic jobs to explore common interests, share ideas, and learn from...
Hubert Amrein, Texas A&M Health Science College of Medicine
The fly brain harbors a small subset of neurons capable of gluconeogenesis. These neurons express the critically important enzyme...
Dissertation Defense: Foundations of Boij-Soderberg Theory for Grassmannians
Boij-Soderberg theory characterizes syzygies of graded modules and sheaves on projective space. This thesis is concerned with extending the...
National Bureau of Economic Research co-sponsors this CEME annual conference.
The Univesity of Michigan Department of Economics MITRE Center also provides funding for this conference....
Developmental Pathways to Conduct Disorder: Implications of the DSM-5 Specifier “with Limited Prosocial Emotions”
Dr. Paul Frick, Professor, Roy Crumpler Memorial Chair, Louisiana State University
Sponsored by the Clinical and Developmental Areas of Psychology...
Explore 6 Exciting Ways to Engage Students and Encourage Collaboration
Do you want to find new ways to engage your students but don’t have a lot of time to search? Let us help! We have six exciting ideas to...
Suzanne Marchand, European Intellectual History and Comparative Literature, LSU
All too often the career of J. J. Winckelmann has been isolated from the wider context which made his career possible: the libertine culture...
Nicolas Morales, University of Michigan (with Gaurav Khanna, UCSD and Center for Global Development)
Abstract and paper not yet available
Anne Lafont, associate professor in art history at the University of East Paris/Marne-la-Vallée, Institute for the Humanities 2017 Norman Freeling Visiting Fellow
Lafont will take the opportunity of this talk to explore the ways in which fine arts and print culture dealt with the Revolutionary and...
Suzanne Marchand, European Intellectual History and Comparative Literature, LSU
Part of the German Studies Colloquium Series....
Alison Wylie, Professor of Philosophy, Universities of Washington (Seattle) and Durham (UK)
Neglected questions about women, gender, and sexuality have been on the archaeological agenda since the late 1980s, and gender-inclusive...
Some results for motion by mean curvature in heterogeneous medium
We will discuss some results on the motion of interfaces by its mean curvature in heterogeneous media, in both continuous and discrete...
Triangulations, plabic graphs, and Soliton solutions to the KP equation
The KP equation is a two-dimensional non-linear differential equation, which provides an excellent model for resonant interactions among...
Smith Lecture: Reconstruction of Topography and Lithosphere Dynamics Within the Basin and Range of Western North America Since 36 Ma
Bill Holt, Stony Brook University
The complex deformation history of the western U.S. since 36 Ma involved a dramatic transition from a subduction-dominated to a...
Title: "Protein phase transitions in and out of cells"
Abstract: Biologists have recently come to appreciate that eukaryotic cells are home to a multiplicity of non-membrane bound compartments,...
William Pomerantz (University of Minnesota)
Protein-protein interaction inhibitor discovery has proven difficult due to the large surface area and dynamic interfaces of proteins. To...
"A tale of one city: A sociophonetic study of 100+ years of Glaswegian vernacular"
Jane Stuart-Smith will present a talk entitled, "A tale of one city: A sociophonetic study of 100+ years of Glaswegian vernacular."...
“Chamber Cinema: Leaving the Path and Carving Out Your Own Place in the Universe
Simon Tarr is an associate professor of art at the University of South Carolina where he is the coordinator of the Media Arts degree program...
Conference: Standing with Spain: Student Activism at U-M during the Spanish Civil War
This LSA Bicentennial Theme Semester event is presented with support from the College of Literature, Science, and the Arts and the...
Geometry in orbital integrals and beyond IV
In the last lecture, I will talk about some ingredients in the proof of the theorem beyond orbital integrals. I will also mention our recent...
Semi-classical sine-Gordon equation, universality at phase transition and the gradient catastrophe
In this talk I am going to discuss the universal behaviours of of the semi-classical limit of the sine-Gordon equation. We consider a class...
Named Musical America’s Musician of the Year, pianist Wu Han ranks among the world's most esteemed classical musicians. Wu Han will coach...
The Casual Gaming Club is here to make sure you don't have to ever solo-queue again and have to deal with getting both a Hanzo and...
Come to know Chinese culture and enjoy the unbelievable Chinese cuisine Hot Pot!!! Join us to talk about the culture and history of China!...
Second-Year MFA Readings
Rebecca Marie Fortes is a Florida-grown fiction writer. Her work has appeared in Saw Palm’s “Places to Stand”; she is currently at...
PROGRAM: Ravel - Introduction et Allegro pour harpe, flûte, clarinette et quatuor à cordes; Debussy - Clair de Lune; C.P.E. Bach - Sonata...
PROGRAM: Vivaldi - Concerto in D Minor, RV 481; Jeanjean - Prélude et Scherzo; Allemeier - Lullaby (All the Pretty Little Horses); Schoof -...
We hope you’ll join us for our annual optiMize Showcase to celebrate students working for sustainable impact!...
This event will be different than our usual events:We will have board games, people playing ping pong, etc.! We will try some new games too,...
Films in Competition: 7 Animation Program
Prison Creative Arts Project is a Community Partner for this screening, which includes Broken -- The Women's Prison at Hoheneck by Volker...