- Maize Pages Student Organizations(10)
- University Career Center(9)
- Gifts of Art(7)
- International Institute(6)
- School of Music, Theatre & Dance(6)
- Department of Linguistics(5)
- University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA)(5)
- Department of Economics(3)
- Department of Economics Seminars(3)
- Department of English Language and Literature(3)
- Department of Political Science(3)
- NCRC Galleries(3)
- Residential College(3)
- Romance Languages & Literatures(3)
- Asian Languages and Cultures(2)
- Center for Latin American and Caribbean Studies(2)
- Department of Psychology(2)
- Germanic Languages & Literatures(2)
- LSA Opportunity Hub(2)
- Medieval and Early Modern Studies (MEMS)(2)
- Prison Creative Arts Project, The(2)
- The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts(2)
- University Library(2)
- Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies(2)
- Aerospace Engineering(1)
- African Politics Reading Group(1)
- African Studies Center(1)
- American Institutions Group (AIG)(1)
- Applied Microeconomics/Industrial Organization(1)
- Center for European Studies(1)
- Center for Global and Intercultural Study(1)
- Center for South Asian Studies(1)
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies(1)
- Center for World Performance Studies(1)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering(1)
- Department for Afroamerican and African Studies(1)
- Department of Anthropology(1)
- Department of Chemistry(1)
- Department of Classical Studies(1)
- Department of History(1)
- Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology(1)
- Department of Philosophy(1)
- Department of Physics(1)
- Department of Recreational Sports (Rec Sports)(1)
- Department of Statistics(1)
- Department of Statistics Graduate Seminar Series(1)
- Department of Statistics Seminar Series(1)
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion(1)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences(1)
- Economics at Work(1)
- Global Islamic Studies Center(1)
- HET Seminars(1)
- ISR-Zwerdling Seminar in Labor Economics(1)
- Institute for the Humanities(1)
- Integrative Systems + Design(1)
- Interdepartmental Program in Classical Art and Archaeology(1)
- Interdepartmental Program in Greek and Roman History(1)
- Interdisciplinary Committee on Organizational Studies - ICOS(1)
- Interdisciplinary Workshop in American Politics(1)
- International Programs in Engineering(1)
- Judaic Studies(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology Exhibitions(1)
- LSA Biophysics(1)
- LSA Comprehensive Studies Program(1)
- Mark Webster Reading Series(1)
- Michigan Earth Science Women's Network(1)
- Michigan Union Ticket Office (MUTO)(1)
- Michigan in Washington Program(1)
- Modern Greek Program(1)
- Nineteenth Century Forum(1)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute(1)
- Penny W Stamps School of Art & Design(1)
- Program in Biology(1)
- Rackham Graduate School(1)
- Rackham Interdisciplinary Workshop on Transnational Comics Studies(1)
- Slavic Languages & Literatures(1)
- Sweetland Center for Writing(1)
- U-M Office of Research(1)
- U-M Structural Biology(1)
- UROP - Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program(1)
- University Musical Society*(1)
- University of Michigan Helen Zell Writers' Program(1)
- Weinberg Institute for Cognitive Science(1)
- Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia(1)
- William L. Clements Library(1)
- Wolverine Support Network(1)
- Women's Studies Department(1)
- See All Groups (89 total)
- Off Campus Location(10)
- University Hospitals(7)
- Weiser Hall(7)
- Museum of Art(6)
- Angell Hall(5)
- Lorch Hall(5)
- Modern Languages Building(4)
- East Quadrangle(3)
- Haven Hall(3)
- Ross School of Business(3)
- West Hall(3)
- Center for the Education of Women(2)
- Chemistry Dow Lab(2)
- Chrysler Center(2)
- East Hall(2)
- Hatcher Graduate Library(2)
- North Campus Research Complex Building 18(2)
- 1100 North University Building(1)
- 202 S. Thayer(1)
- Biological Sciences Building(1)
- Central Campus Recreation Building (Bell Pool)(1)
- Dance Building(1)
- Francois-Xavier Bagnoud Building(1)
- GG Brown Laboratory(1)
- Hill Auditorium(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology(1)
- LSA Building(1)
- Life Sciences Institute(1)
- Lurie Robert H. Engin. Ctr(1)
- Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre(1)
- Michigan League(1)
- North Campus Research Complex Building 10(1)
- North Quad(1)
- Palmer Commons(1)
- Power Center for the Performing Arts(1)
- Rackham Graduate School (Horace H.)(1)
- William Clements Library(1)
- See All Locations (37 total)
New Events Today
Recipients of the LACS Summer Field Research Grant
The LACS Field Research Grants are funded by the Rackham Graduate School, the LACS Brazil Initiative, and the International Institute to...
Dissertation Title: "Feature retrieval in the processing of grammatical illusions"
Please join the Language and Rhetorical Studies Group for a dissertation chapter workshop with Alan Ke, a PhD candidate in Linguistics....
Judy Jin, Director, Manufacturing Program of ISD, Professor, Industrial and Operations Engineering, University of Michigan
Giang Nguyen-Thu, University of Pennsylvania
In this talk, Dr Giang Nguyen-Thu will discuss her forthcoming book Television in Post-Reform Vietnam: Nation, Media, Market by Routledge...
Statistics Department Seminar Series: Yang Feng, Associate Professor, Department of Statistics, Columbia University
Hypothesis Testing for Stochastic Block Models
A fundamental problem in network data analysis is to test whether a network contains statistically significant communities. We study this...
Patrick Oakes, University of Rochester
Host: Ann Miller Patrick Oakes, Assistant Professor Department of Physics & Astronomy Department of Biology University of Rochester
If you are in Handshake, Click "Join event" to RSVP* Not in Handshake? Click here: https://umich.joinhandshake.com/events/197524...
Anna Grzymala-Busse, Michelle and Kevin Douglas Professor of International Studies, Stanford University
Populist parties and politicians are surging in both developed and new democracies, prompting much analytical and popular concern. Their...
Interdisciplinary Islamic Studies Seminar (IISS) Workshop. Queer Liminality: Gender and Sexuality in Raafat Hattab’s "Ho(u)ria"
Sascha Crasnow, lecturer in Islamic art, U-M Residential College
Dr. Sascha Crasnow is lecturer of Islamic art in the Residential College at the University of Michigan. She received her Ph.D. in art...
Choice, Maximizing, Rationality, and Self-Expression
Years ago, Herbert Simon suggested that the standard assumption of rational choice theory, that decision makers choose so as to maximize...
Angela DiBrito, Business Analyst at McCreadie Group, Inc
Angela is currently a Business Analyst/Scrum Master/Data Architect at McCreadie Group, a software company located in Ann Arbor, MI. She...
Professor Zachary Samalin, Assistant Professor of English (U Chicago)
Please join us for a workshop for graduate students on the publication process. Professor Samalin will talk more specifically and in depth...
Edward L. Burnett, Former Senior Fellow for Modeling, Simulation and Controls, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company
Edward L. Burnett, Former Senior Fellow for Modeling, Simulation and Controls, Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Company...
Exposure to Opposing Views can Increase Political Polarization: Evidence from a Large-Scale Experiment on Social Media
There is mounting concern that social media sites contribute to political polarization by creating "echo chambers" that insulate people from...
Want to continue to improve your math study skills and learn techniques that you can immediately employ on the next exam? In this workshop...
Jim Halverson (Northeastern)
In this talk I will study the computational complexity of vacua and near-vacua in field theory and string theory. From analogy to protein...
It's Our Future and We Need to Understand It
The group will view TED Talk videos describing the many things made possible by Big Data including finding new treatments for diseases...
Performing Arts Technology Seminar: Ross Karre, International Contemporary Ensemble Artistic Director
"Ross Karre, International Contemporary Ensemble, Video Projection Design for Contemporary Music"
The International Contemporary Ensemble artistic director, media artist, and percussionist, Ross Karre, will talk through the creative and...
Emil Ferris' "My Favorite Thing is Monsters
The Transnational Comics Studies Rackham Interdisciplinary Workshop is pleased to host a reading group featuring Emil Ferris' graphic novel,...
Elinor Ochs, Distinguished Professor, Linguistic Anthropology, UCLA
ais un abus de tout autre importance. . . est qu'on se presse trop de les faire parler, comme si l'on avait peur qu'ils n'apprissent pas à...
Smith Lecture: New Insights into the Mechanics of Glacier Beds from Time-Dependent Surface Velocity Fields
Brent Minchew, MIT
The mechanical properties of the ice-bed interface govern the dynamic sensitivity of glaciers to changes in climate and oceanic forcing....
Naoto Chatani (Osaka University)
Organic molecules contain a variety of chemical bonds. Organic synthesis involves the cleavage of a chemical bond and the formation of a new...
Upinder Singh, Professor of History, Ashoka University (Sonepat)
Our understanding of the past changes dramatically when we recognize violence as an intimate and important part of human experience that...
Jon Sprouse, Associate Professor of Linguistics, University of Connecticut
The second event in the Department of Linguistics Fall 2018 Colloquium Series features a presentation by Jon Sprouse, Associate Professor of...
MESWN (Michigan Earth Science Women's Network) is very happy to start a book club aimed at professional development of women from all...
Seminar Title: “Protons to patients: evaluating the role of the chloride transporter ClC-7 in lysosomal function”
Joseph A. Mindell, Senior Investigator, Membrane Tansport Biophysics Section, NIH
Abstract: Lysosomes are essential focal points of cellular metabolism, digesting a wide range of macromolecules provided by endocytosis or...
2018 Residential College Robertson Lecture
The Robertson Lecture is an endowed annual event of the LSA Residential College, and is a lasting gift of the first Dean of the RC, James...
“Irony and Identity: Musical Manuscripts from the Auschwitz-Birkenau State Museum”
This talk addresses a number of manuscripts of popular songs arranged for the Auschwitz I men’s orchestra in order to learn about the...