International Institute pres.
The MIRS Advantage: Masters in International and Regional Studies
The Masters in International and Regional Studies combines an interdisciplinary curriculum, deep regional/thematic expertise, rigorous methodological training, and international experiences to enable students to situate global issues and challenges in their cultural, historical, geographical, political, and socioeconomic contexts and to approach them in diverse ways. MIRS is designed to prepare students for global career opportunities, whether in academia, private, or public sectors.
MIRS builds on the strengths of the International Institute’s interdisciplinary centers and programs. Our centers and programs rank among the nation’s finest in their respective fields of study; five have been designated as U.S. Department of Education National Resource Centers. Students have the unique option of pursuing either a regional or thematic track with multiple specializations anchored in one of our centers or programs.
Middle East and North African Studies
Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
South Asian Studies
Southeast Asian Studies
For additional information, contact MIRS-Info@umich.edu.
- Center for Japanese Studies
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies
- Center for Middle Eastern and North African Studies
- Lieberthal-Rogel Center for Chinese Studies
- Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies
- Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia
- Global Islamic Studies Center
- African Studies Center
- Center for South Asian Studies
Explore Similar Events
Loading Similar Events...