LSA Opportunity Hub pres.
Emerging Trends in Public Policy
The Impacts of COVID-19 and Economic Uncertainty
You should attend this session if you are:
- A liberal arts and/or sciences undergraduate student interested in an internship or career in public policy
What you’ll gain from attending:
- Insight into how COVID-19 and economic uncertainty are affecting the public policy sector
- Advice on how to strategically navigate opportunity searches
Connections to three U-M alum working in public policy
RSVP today to join the conversation!
About the Alum:
- Alexandra Citrin (B.A. in Psychology and Economics, ‘07 | MSW & MPP, ‘12). Alexandra is a Senior Associate at the Center for the Study of Social Policy in Washington, D.C. where she helps federal and state-elected officials develop policies and funding priorities in the areas of child welfare, health care, and immigration.
- Mina Hong (B.A. in Psychology, ‘04 | MSW & MPP, ‘09)
Mina Hong is a Senior Policy Manager on the National Policy Team for the Ounce of Prevention Fund, an Illinois-based nonprofit that advocates for improved early childhood policies and programs across the U.S.
- Sehar Minhas (B.A. in Cognitive Science, ‘12 | MSW, ‘14)
Sehar Minhas is a Program Manager in the U.S. Department of Veteran’s Affairs where she oversees educational programming and identifies barriers to equal employment for women, Native American, and Alaskan Native veterans. She also manages student recruitment.
RSVP now to reserve your spot. By signing up, you will receive an email with details on how to join this virtual workshop the morning of the session.
The LSA Opportunity Hub aims to deliver inclusive and accessible experiences and welcomes all LSA students to participate. If you require accommodations to participate in this event please contact Carla Huhn at Carlavoy@umich.edu or 734.763.4674. so we can make arrangements.
Please be advised that this virtual event will be recorded and may be published later at future date through LSA Opportunity Hub’s media channels. If you'd prefer not to be recorded, please make sure to mute your video at the start of the event. If you have any concerns or questions, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Explore Similar Events
Loading Similar Events...