- Lecture / Discussion(9)
- Class / Instruction(4)
- Film Screening(4)
- Workshop / Seminar(3)
- Conference / Symposium(2)
- Careers / Jobs(1)
- Ceremony / Service(1)
- Community Service(1)
- Reception / Open House(1)
- Social / Informal Gathering(1)
- Gifts of Art(9)
- University Library(5)
- Maize Pages Student Organizations(4)
- School of Music, Theatre & Dance(4)
- Germanic Languages & Literatures(3)
- Osher Lifelong Learning Institute(3)
- Office of Academic Multicultural Initiatives (OAMI)(2)
- University of Michigan Detroit Center(2)
- Bentley Historical Library(1)
- Center for Campus Involvement(1)
- Center for RNA Biomedicine(1)
- Committee for Intercultural Development(1)
- Department for Afroamerican and African Studies(1)
- Department of Classical Studies(1)
- Department of English Language and Literature(1)
- Department of History(1)
- Department of Linguistics(1)
- Department of Mathematics(1)
- Department of Middle East Studies(1)
- Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies(1)
- Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy(1)
- Ginsberg Center(1)
- History of Art(1)
- Institute for Social Research(1)
- Interdepartmental Program in Classical Art and Archaeology(1)
- Interdepartmental Program in Greek and Roman History(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology(1)
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens & Nichols Arboretum(1)
- Michigan Community Scholars Program(1)
- Michigan Medicine(1)
- Michigan in Washington Program(1)
- Mindfulness @ Umich(1)
- Modern Greek Program(1)
- OSCR-Office of Student Conflict Resolution(1)
- Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion(1)
- Residential College(1)
- Ross School of Business(1)
- School of Information(1)
- School of Kinesiology(1)
- School of Nursing(1)
- Slavic Languages & Literatures(1)
- University Career Center(1)
- University Housing(1)
- University of Michigan Energy Institute(1)
- University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA)(1)
- See All Groups (46 total)
- Off Campus Location(7)
- Hatcher Graduate Library(5)
- University Hospitals(5)
- Angell Hall(3)
- Taubman Center(3)
- Cancer Center(2)
- Detroit Center(2)
- Diag - Central Campus(2)
- Michigan League(2)
- North Quad(2)
- Weill Hall (Ford School)(2)
- 1100 North University Building(1)
- Burton Memorial Tower(1)
- Central Campus Recreation Building (Bell Pool)(1)
- East Hall(1)
- East Quadrangle(1)
- Electrical Engineering and Computer Science Building(1)
- Hill Auditorium(1)
- Institute For Social Research(1)
- Matthaei Botanical Gardens(1)
- Modern Languages Building(1)
- Museum of Art(1)
- School of Public Health Bldg I and Crossroads and Tower(1)
- Tisch Hall(1)
- Walgreen Drama Center(1)
- See All Locations (25 total)
Moderator: Kat Stafford
Fake News is everywhere. You can’t go online without seeing clickbait. It is getting increasingly difficult to tell fact from fiction. The...
A U-M Reverend Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Symposium event.
Free and open to the public. RSVP here: https://goo.gl/forms/1F89tlEPAScS7z0S2...
Five Novels Valued by Their Generation and Why
This study group will be a weekly discussion of contemporary literature recommended by Millennials specifically for OLLI learners. We will...
Inclusive Teaching in Less Commonly Taught Language Classrooms
Participants: Eugene Bondarenko, Jodi Greig, Alina Makin, Ewa Pasek, Marija Rosic, Svitlana Rogovyk, and Nina Shkolnik....
What is it like to be a black person in Germany? And what needs to change?
As we celebrate the extraordinary life and message of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. it is important to note that his vision of hope and racial...
Using Genomic and Environmental Methods to Unravel Hypertension Health Disparities in African American Women
Jacquelyn Taylor, Ph.D., RN, PNP-BC, FAHA, FAAN, will discuss steps she has taken in her research career using genomic and environmental...
Professor Anne Curzan and Professor Robin Queen
Debates abound about pronouns on class rosters, the name of the Washington Redskins, the reclamation of the word “queer,” trigger...
How Can I Add Meaning to My Life
Looking at what meaning is and how we can tap into it. The benefit of living a meaningful life. Dr. Amberg is a neuropsychologiest who has...
Martin Luther King Jr. and African-American Leadership in the 21st Century
Michael Eric Dyson speaks about Martin Luther King Jr. and African-American Leadership in the 21st Century....
This School of Kinesiology MLK Day event will feature a screening of the documentary "Race: The Power of an Illusion." Following the...
Tania León is a highly regarded composer and conductor recognized for her accomplishments as an educator and advisor to arts organizations....
The Michigan Community Scholars Program will celebrate MLK and his legacy with the community at our 13th Annual Circle of Unity. Join...
Beyond the Basics to Conversation
Participants will advance in their knowledge of vocabulary and grammar in order to carry on conversations. Participants should purchase...
Join the Michigan Community Scholars Program on the Diag for the 13th annual MLK Circle of Unity, celebrating the life of Dr. King and his...
Part of the Learning in Community (LinC) Workshop Series
Part of the Learning in Communities Series, this interactive workshop introduces principles and practices for thoughtfully engaging with...