- Lecture / Discussion(16)
- Workshop / Seminar(16)
- Careers / Jobs(7)
- Social / Informal Gathering(7)
- Conference / Symposium(5)
- Reception / Open House(2)
- Community Service(1)
- Fair / Festival(1)
- Recreational / Games(1)
- Sporting Event(1)
- Gifts of Art(9)
- Maize Pages Student Organizations(9)
- School of Music, Theatre & Dance(8)
- Department of Political Science(5)
- University Career Center(5)
- International Institute(4)
- University Library(4)
- University of Michigan Museum of Art (UMMA)(4)
- Department of American Culture(3)
- Department of English Language and Literature(3)
- Department of Linguistics(3)
- Industrial and Operations Engineering(3)
- Institute for the Humanities(3)
- Rackham Graduate School(3)
- Romance Languages & Literatures(3)
- Asian Languages and Cultures(2)
- Center for Campus Involvement(2)
- Climate and Space Sciences and Engineering(2)
- Comparative Literature(2)
- Department of History(2)
- Erb Institute / Ross Business School and School for Environment & Sustainability(2)
- Institute for Research on Women and Gender(2)
- LSA Opportunity Hub(2)
- Michigan Union Ticket Office (MUTO)(2)
- Penny W Stamps School of Art & Design(2)
- Residential College(2)
- School for Environment and Sustainability(2)
- The College of Literature, Science, and the Arts(2)
- William L. Clements Library(2)
- A. Alfred Taubman College of Architecture + Urban Planning(1)
- American Institutions Group (AIG)(1)
- Armenian Studies Program(1)
- Arts At Michigan(1)
- Asian/Pacific Islander American Studies(1)
- Barger Leadership Institute(1)
- Biomedical Engineering(1)
- Center for Global and Intercultural Study(1)
- Center for Middle Eastern and North African Studies(1)
- Center for Russian, East European, and Eurasian Studies(1)
- Center for Southeast Asian Studies(1)
- Center for World Performance Studies(1)
- Chinese Students and Scholars Association Career Development and Alumni Relationship Department(1)
- Civil and Environmental Engineering(1)
- Classical Studies(1)
- Communication Studies(1)
- Conflict & Peace, Research & Development (CPRD)(1)
- Contexts for Classics(1)
- Copernicus Program in Polish Studies(1)
- Department for Afroamerican and African Studies(1)
- Department of Anthropology(1)
- Department of Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology(1)
- Department of Philosophy(1)
- Department of Psychology(1)
- Department of Recreational Sports (Rec Sports)(1)
- Department of Statistics(1)
- Department of Statistics Seminar Series(1)
- Digital Studies Institute(1)
- Earth and Environmental Sciences(1)
- Ecology and Evolutionary Biology(1)
- Eisenberg Institute for Historical Studies(1)
- Germanic Languages & Literatures(1)
- Ginsberg Center(1)
- Global Islamic Studies Center(1)
- History of Art(1)
- Interdisciplinary Committee on Organizational Studies - ICOS(1)
- Interdisciplinary Workshop in American Politics(1)
- International Programs in Engineering(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology Exhibitions(1)
- LSA Biophysics(1)
- LSA Comprehensive Studies Program(1)
- LSA Honors Program(1)
- Latina/o Studies(1)
- Michigan Institute for Data Science(1)
- Michigan Learning Communities(1)
- Michigan Medicine(1)
- Multi Ethnic Student Affairs - MESA(1)
- NCRC Galleries(1)
- Poverty Solutions(1)
- Real Estate Club(1)
- Ross School of Business(1)
- U-M Structural Biology(1)
- University Charity Events(1)
- University of Michigan Detroit Center(1)
- Weiser Center for Europe and Eurasia(1)
- Women's Studies Department(1)
- See All Groups (89 total)
- Off Campus Location(11)
- Michigan League(6)
- Weiser Hall(6)
- Haven Hall(4)
- Modern Languages Building(4)
- Museum of Art(4)
- University Hospitals(4)
- Hatcher Graduate Library(3)
- Lorch Hall(3)
- Taubman Center(3)
- Walgreen Drama Center(3)
- West Hall(3)
- 202 S. Thayer(2)
- Angell Hall(2)
- Cancer Center(2)
- East Quadrangle(2)
- Industrial and Operations Engineering Building(2)
- LSA Building(2)
- Shapiro Library(2)
- Tisch Hall(2)
- William Clements Library(2)
- 1100 North University Building(1)
- Art and Architecture Building(1)
- Biological Sciences Building(1)
- Chemistry Dow Lab(1)
- Chrysler Center(1)
- Detroit Center(1)
- East Hall(1)
- Gerald Ford Library(1)
- Ginsberg Center for Community Service and Learning(1)
- Hill Auditorium(1)
- Institute For Social Research(1)
- Intramural Sports Building(1)
- Kelsey Museum of Archaeology(1)
- Life Sciences Institute(1)
- Lurie Robert H. Engin. Ctr(1)
- Lydia Mendelssohn Theatre(1)
- Mason Hall(1)
- North Campus Research Complex Building 18(1)
- Rackham Graduate School (Horace H.)(1)
- Research Museums Center(1)
- Ross School of Business(1)
- School of Public Health Bldg I and Crossroads and Tower(1)
- See All Locations (44 total)
Environmental Advocacy in a Polarized World
The Michigan Symposium on Media & Politics is an annual conference bringing together leading scholars and journalists focused on current...
The University of Michigan's Taubman College of Architecture and Urban Planning presents Building Better Futures: Innovations in Equitable Development
Cities have made a remarkable comeback, however large swaths of their populations are being left behind. Developers, lenders, advocates, and...
Organizers: Ronald G. Suny, William H. Sewell, Jr. Distinguished University Professor of History, U-M, David Leupold and Mehmet Polatel, 2018-19 Manoogian Postdoctoral Fellows, U-M
Download workshop program here: https://lsa.umich.edu/content/dam/asp-assets/asp-documents/2019-Workshop-program.pdf...
Orsolya Barabas, Ph.D.
Orsolya Barabas, Ph.D. EMBL Heidelberg https://www.embl.de/research/units/scb/barabas/
Kheang Un, Northern Illinois University
In 2017, the Cambodian government dismantled the Cambodian National Rescue Party, clamped down on civil liberties and organized elections in...
Statistics Department Seminar Series: Peter Hoff, Professor, Statistical Science Department, Duke University
"Mixed effects models for skeptics"
Mixed effects models are used routinely to share information across groups and to account for data dependence. The statistical properties...
Classical Receptions Workshop: "Experiments with the Greek Chorus: H.D.'s Translations of Iphigenia in Aulis and Hippolytus"
Professor Laura McClure (Classics, U Wisconsin-Madison)
Laura McClure's diverse research interests focus on Athenian drama, the study of women in the ancient world, and classical reception. Her...
Public scholarship takes on different forms depending on the tools, communities, topics, and time periods with which we engage. During this...
Two presentations related to Multivariate Gaussian Processes and Functional Principal Component Analysis
Open to all IOE graduate students and faculty. Lunch will be provided. In order to get an accurate count for food, please RSVP by noon on...
Manan Desai | Annette Joseph-Gabriel | Angela Naimou (Clemson) I Supriya Nair I Madhumita Lahiri (chair)
"Critical Conversations" is a new monthly lunch series for 2018-19. In each session, a panel of four faculty members give flash talks about...
2019 Efroymson Emerging Artist David Opdyke and writer Lawrence Weschler discuss Opdyke's current exhibition, Paved with Good Intentions,...
Cooperation Failure or Informal Cooperation? Explaining Low Levels of Formal Cooperation between Absolute Monarchies/Barbara Koremenos and Melissa Carlson
Kate Clancy, University of Illinois
No, it isn’t just you. Sexual harassment is rampant across the sciences and other male-dominated disciplines. Gender harassment in...
Amanda Haponski - EEB Postdoctoral Fellow
Partulid tree snails are endemic to the Pacific high islands and represent one of the most infamous examples of oceanic island mass...
Part of Learning in Community (LinC) Workshop Series
Is your student group interested in getting involved with the Ann Arbor Public Schools (AAPS)? If so, then this is for you! Whether your...
Prof. Marc Lange (University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill)
The confirmation of hypotheses in mathematics by mathematical evidence short of proof has received insufficient attention. I will propose...
The Michigan Anthropology Colloquia Series: "Linguistic Relativity with an Attitude: Navajo place-names and the public sphere"
Anthony K. Webster, Professor, University of Texas at Austin
"This talk reflects on the controversy on the Navajo Nation of changing the name of Kit Carson Drive to the Navajo place name Tséhootsooí....
This seminar will start with the spatial distribution of cyanobacterial blooms in the US lakes and examining whether it is a potential risk...
Mary Ann Moran, University of Georgia
One quarter of all photosynthesis on Earth is cycled through the pool of organic compounds dissolved in seawater. This large and...
Ashleigh G. Wade
Ashleigh G. Wade is a Ph.D. candidate in the Department of Women's and Gender Studies at Rutgers University and a Pre-Doctoral Residential...
Chen's talk focuses on the aesthetics, cultural imaginings, and political potential of twenty-first century trans Asian American multimedia...
Leveraging Information Theory to Practical Machine Learning: Minimum Description Length Regularization for Online Learning
MIDAS Seminar Series: Gil Shamir, PhD, Google AI
Abstract: Classical online learning techniques enforce a prior distribution on the objective to be optimized in order to induce model...
Stamps Professors Audrey Bennett and Ron Eglash with Stamps students discuss the project Seeing Heritage Algorithms. Immediately following...
Hanan Ali Yahya, local Yemeni-American social entrepreneur
Stories Never Told is a traveling display curated by local Yemeni-American social entrepreneur Hanan Ali Yahya. The display visually...